The Broward Cultural Division is seeking applications for its South Florida Cultural Consortium Fellowship Program.
Donor Name: Broward Cultural Division
County: Broward County (FL), Martin County (FL), Miami-Dade County (FL), Monroe County (FL), Palm Beach County (FL)
Type of Grant: Fellowship
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/13/2021
Grant Size: $15,000 and $7,500
The Broward Cultural Division’s South Florida Cultural Consortium Fellowship Program is offering the largest regional, government-sponsored artists’ grants in the United States, awarding $15,000 and $7,500 fellowships to resident visual and media artists from the counties of Broward, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, and Palm Beach.
$15,000 and $7,500
- All emerging, mid-career and established South Florida professional artists (those residing in Broward, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe or Palm Beach Counties) are eligible to apply. Candidates must have resided and worked in one of the participating five counties from October 19, 2019 to October 19, 2020 and must apply from the county of residence.
- The Consortium awards the Fellowships contingent on proof of residency, which may include one or more of the following: property tax record; lease agreement; voter’s registration; or an IRS income tax return for 2019.
- The Consortium defines a professional artist as a person who has created a recognized body of original works of art within an artistic discipline over a sustained period of time, and who is striving to achieve the highest level of professional recognition.
- Individuals are not eligible if they are engaging in artwork as a hobby, if they are an employee of the participating County governments or of the South Florida Cultural Consortium’s member local arts agencies, or if they are a student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Submissions will be judged by the following criteria:
- Degree of artistic excellence
- Evidence of an established and recognized body of work over a sustained period of time
- Consistency in the submitted body of work
- All samples of work submitted for review must have been completed within the last three years prior to the application date. Failure to comply with this condition will result in disqualification.
For more information, visit Broward Cultural Division.