The David R. Fendrick Theatre Fund is designated in support of one creative theatre artist ($1,000 award).
Donor Name: Arts Services Inc. (ASI)
State: New York
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1,000
This grant is awarded every other year. The David R. Fendrick Theatre Fund supports:
- Individual artists and creatives;
- Projects with the potential for production;
- Unique projects, including experimental and multi-media theatrical productions;
- Under-represented or marginalized voices.
Criteria for Funding
Proposals that meet the following will be considered:
- Supports the work of an individual applicant;
- Is for a theatre-based project;
- Funding would be used for writing or production of a new work, completion of a work in progress, and/or new production of an existing work;
- Supports or features under-represented voices.
The selection panel will consider the following criteria when evaluating proposals:
- Has a clear artistic vision.
- The significance, distinctiveness, and innovative qualities of the project.
- Provides creative contributions to the artistic discipline.
- Viability of the project’s prospects for completion.
- Proposals that include novel approaches to public engagement with regards to the creative process or public presentation.
This grant is designed to support of one creative theater artist with a $1,000 award.
Eligible applicants include actors, directors, writers, composers, designers, performance artists, musicians, or other individual theater professionals, regardless of descriptive title or relationship to a particular institution, who contribute to the creative process of theater.
For more information, visit ASI.