Together, the Acadiana Center for the Arts and Lafayette Economic Development Authority offer ArtSpark, an Individual Artist Funding Program.
Donor Name: Acadiana Center for the Arts
Counties: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1,000-$5,000
Grant Duration: 10 months
The purpose of ArtSpark is to directly support artists in Acadiana, especially those with otherwise limited opportunities, to expand their bodies of work as a professional and offer outreach to the community.
These awards offer assistance to emerging, mid-career, and mature artists for specific, short-term projects.
Minimum Request $1,000 – Maximum Request $5,000
Funding Cycle: April 1, 2023 to December 1, 2023
This program will Fund
The professional development, creation, and presentation of new artistic works for individual artists in Acadiana
- Purchasing supplies, materials, and equipment necessary to complete the proposed artwork (associated with the application), for $1000 or less
- Costs associated with producing a performance (budget may not reflect any payment to AcA, including facility rental)
- Costs associated with career/professional development (attending seminars, workshops, etc.) within and outside of Acadiana (determined on a case by case basis)
- A maximum of 10% of the awarded amount can be used on marketing the project
- You are strongly encouraged to include a professional photographer to document your completed project in your proposal and budget. This may be in addition to the 10% for marketing.
To be considered for this program, the applicant must:
- Be an individual artist working in one of the following artistic disciplines: visual arts, craft, traditional arts/folklife, photography, performing arts, literary arts, film, media arts or interdisciplinary arts
- Be a practicing artist, defined as one who is dedicated to producing artwork on a regular basis
- Be 18 years of age or older by April 1st, 2023 (the first day of the current cycle)
- Be a resident of Acadiana’s 8-parish region (Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, or Vermilion Parishes)
- Expect to maintain residency in the region during the award period.
For more information, visit ArtSpark Grant.