The CNY Arts Individual Artist Commission (IAC) supports the creation of new works by local artists demonstrating strong creativity and community involvement.
Donor Name: CNY Arts
State: New York
Counties: Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga and Oswego
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entities: Individual Artists or Collective
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/12/2022
Size of the Grant: $1,000.00 to $2,500.00
Grant Duration: 1 year
IAC represents a “live and work” investment in local artists and is designed to provide project-specific support for local artist-initiated activity and to highlight the role of artists as important members of the community.
- Projects that employ artists from historically excluded communities, especially those marginalized on race, geographic location, and ethnicity.
- Projects that engage historically excluded and otherwise underserved communities.
- Projects from first-time applicants.
- New projects that have not previously received funding.
- Award Amount: $1,000.00 to $2,500.00
- Project Period: January 1 to December 31, 2022
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a resident of Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, or Oswego counties.
- Must have a permanent address in the same county as the project location.
- Must be an individual artist or collective.
- Nonprofit organizations or businesses.
- Students enrolled in a two-year or four-year Degree program.
- Applicants with open contracts or outstanding Final Reports from previous grant cycles with CNY Arts.
- Applicants who have applied directly to the New York State Council on the Arts for the 2022 grant cycle, regardless of funding status. This includes A.R.T./New York’s Creative Opportunity Fund.
For more information, visit CNY Arts.