Amplify your impact with the Future Builders Fellowship. Calling all Black and Latinx women and non-binary founders in the United States who are tackling pressing challenges in Health, Climate, and EquityTech.
Donor Name: Halcyon
State: All States
County: All Counties
U.S. Territory: American Samoa, Guam, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands
Type of Grant: Fellowship
Size of the Grant: $10,000
- Solutions leveraging technology to reduce barriers to quality, affordable healthcare and to improve physical and mental healthcare outcomes. Subsectors include but are not limited to:
Each program includes specific benefits to fellows. Fellows accepted into this program will receive the following:
- $10,000 USD in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing credits
- Additional technical support from Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Access to a world-class network of mentors and advisors
- Bespoke training on:
- Business fundamentals
- Investment readiness
- Impact definition and measurement
- World-wide community of impact-driven entrepreneurs
- Workshops with legal experts
- $5,000 USD equity-free travel stipend per venture
- Cohort of up to 10 ventures founded by Black, African American, Hispanic/Latinx, and Afro-Latina women and nonbinary-identifying entrepreneurs. Ventures receive training in Halcyon’s methodology on business fundamentals, leadership, investment readiness, and impact.
- Program is delivered in hybrid modality with participants engaging in both virtual and in-person sessions:
- 1 Virtual Program Kickoff Meeting
- 4 Virtual Program Meeting Days
- 1 week in-person residency in Washington, DC
- 1 week in-person residency in other U.S. city (specific location to be announced)
They’re looking for (for-profit) startups that are building scalable solutions that are tackling challenges related to Health, Climate, or EquityTech.
- Location: Must have operations in the U.S. or U.S. territories
- Stage: Must have a Minimum Viable Product that has the potential to scale
- Must identify as Black/African-American, Hispanic/Latinx, Afro-Latina
- Must identify as a woman or as non-binary
- May apply with up to one co-founder
- Applicant must be the CEO and/or hold primary decision-making power
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program
- Program Engagement: Must be able to participate in all activities and programming sessions
- Impact: Must be developing a product and venture which contributes towards 1 or more of the UN’s 17 SDGs
In addition to eligibility, Halcyon scores each application based on 4 criteria: Impact, Scalability, Innovation, and Talent.
- To what extent will the solution, if scaled, have a meaningful impact on society and/or the environment?
- Could this venture scale to reach hundreds of thousands or millions of users in a 5-10 year time horizon?
- Is the solution a novel approach to tackling the issue in their context?
- Is the team uniquely qualified to tackle the challenges they’ve identified?
For more information, visit Halcyon.