COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Wabasha is launching a program to help small, local businesses prevent, prepare for, and respond to the Coronavirus by making COVID-19 related improvements to their buildings and businesses, such as HVAC improvements that improve air circulation. These activities will create long-term pandemic resiliency for Wabasha’s local businesses.
Donor Name: City of Wabasha
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/17/2022
Size of the Grant: $19,000
Funding Amounts Up to $19,000 with matching funds by business highly encouraged, but not required.
- For-profit business located in City of Wabasha with less than 50 employees
- Applicant is 51% + majority owner of business
- Provide evidence that new HVAC system will help business respond to COVID-19
- Not in bankruptcy, current with all local, state, and federal taxes, fees, and any other debt payments to the City of Wabasha
HVAC Replacement (labor and equipment), matching funds may be used towards other improvements that will help the business respond to COVID-19.
- Funds will be disbursed directly to contractor after receiving evidence of completed work.
- Allow City of Wabasha to collect income and demographic data from applicants and their employees.
- Requires City building permits are pulled and City Inspections.
- Property owner must submit plans and elevations with approved application and the applicant must receive approval from the State Historical Society before beginning work.
- Environmental Review by City before starting work.
- Work completed within 6 months after receiving notice to proceed from City.
For more information, visit 2021 COVID-19 HVAC Replacement Grant Program.