In partnership with the Inland Empire Small Business Development Center (IE SBDC), the City of Upland will be offering a four-week Restaurant Assistance for Increased Sales and Efficiency Upland (Raise-UP) grant program, which will provide training and funding to brick-and-mortar food-based businesses located in the City of Upland.
Donor Name: City of Upland
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: up to $10,000
The grant program is designed to assist businesses in identifying when they are ready to expand and drive their food business to the next level.
Grant funding must be used to pay for expenses related to the following only:
The Raise-UP training program covers the following topics with a focus on building growth strategies for your food operations:
- Week 1: Plan to Grow Your Food Business
- Every business faces a series of challenges on its path to growth. This module covers a variety of successful approaches to growth. You will find out how to grow your business as you learn about successful growth opportunities, identify failure in growth and pitfalls to avoid, and take actions setting your growth plan as aligned with your vision. Are you ready to grow?
- Week 2: Manage Your Cash
- Cash is king. But the question is: cash for growth or growth for cash? To grow your food business, you need to maintain adequate cash flow. In this module, you will understand your numbers through your P&L and build your financial projection to support your growth plan. This class will teach you how to accurately project growth, model it, and stress test it to make sure capital will work effectively with your growth plan. Numbers do not lie!
- Week 3: Grow Your Customer Base
- There is only one boss: CUSTOMERS! Growth in your food business is all about attracting new customers and/or expanding what your existing customers are buying from you. This module will take your growth plan and help you focus your efforts on bettering the outcomes of your current marketing and sales efforts, defining your target areas that you are trying to reach, and developing a strategy to grow your customer base.
- Week 4: Develop Your People
- In this module, you will learn actionable steps you can take to assess and develop your human capital talent into a formidable all-star force for your food business. Utilizing individual skill sets and training to personal strengths, ensures all individuals are functioning within the overall team at their highest and best use, creating a competitive edge not easily duplicated.
Through participation in the Raise-UP, eligible small businesses may be awarded up to $10,000. To be eligible to apply for the Raise-UP , a business must meet the following eligibility requirements.
The business must:
- Be physically located in Upland;
- In business; and
- Have a minimum of one (1) full-time equivalent employee plus business owner; and
- Participant must be the business owner; and
- Have an active Upland business license at the time of receiving the grant.
Additional Application Materials:
- Complete grant application; and
- Current City of Upland business license; and
- W-9; and
- Lease agreement; and
- 2022 Tax Returns (personal and business including all schedules)
For more information, visit Raise-UP Grant Program.