Donor Name: City of Piqua
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $70,000
The Small Business Grant Program is a façade improvement and building renovation program available to businesses and non-residential property owners located in downtown Piqua and the surrounding neighborhoods.
The program is set up to offer matching grants with the maximum amount based upon the total of the eligible project costs. These matching grants are intended to encourage activities that sustain existing businesses, support the creation of new businesses, and promote the vibrancy and visual appeal of downtown Piqua and the surrounding neighborhoods.
This program is designed to incentivize businesses and building owners to leverage the available grant funds to the fullest extent possible. The maximum grant award amount for each project will be equal to fifty-one percent of the initial $5,000 increment of eligible project cost, with the maximum grant award amount increasing by one percent for each $5,000 increment of eligible project cost thereafter, with the total maximum grant award amount not to exceed $70,000.
- Be a commercial business or owner of a building supporting commercial or mixed-use.
- Located within the downtown Central Business District or a surrounding neighborhood.
- Available matching funds to be provided by business/owner.
- The subject property has not previously received a Small Business Grant from the funding allocation supporting this grant program.
- Work includes exterior improvements such as painting, murals, brickwork, awnings, lighting, signage, doors or windows, patio installations; and/or, interior improvements including substantial modifications or alterations resulting in significant upgrades to the physical appearance and performance of the interior space as it relates to supporting the operational use of the building and the quality of the experience and life safety afforded to the patrons and occupants of the structure.
- Improvements must be approved by the Piqua Planning Commission as conforming to the design standards of the Downtown Historic District and meet all other applicable building and zoning code requirements.
- Work on eligible project costs having already commenced and not in receipt of a certificate of occupancy/final approval prior to the time of application, excepting work performed up to ninety days prior to the enactment date of this program to satisfy regulatory requirements pertaining to public health and safety concerns specific to food service operations regardless of whether or not in receipt of a certificate of occupancy/final approval prior to the time of application, and work on eligible project costs expected to commence within one hundred eighty days from the time of application, provided the work is expected to be complete within eighteen months from the date of award.
- Property must be current on all taxes, and the property must be free of any liens or assessments.
For more information, visit City of Piqua.