The Town of Mammoth Lakes Business Recovery Program is designed to provide funding to businesses in the Town of Mammoth Lakes who are experiencing financial hardship due to 2023 extreme weather disaster and substantial increase of snow removal costs.
Donor Name: Town of Mammoth Lakes
Town: Mammoth Lakes
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: up to $7,500
This program is designed to provide support funding for small businesses with a grant award of up to $7,500 per business. The Town finds that the support small businesses provide continuity of jobs for local residents, provides tax revenues for the Town and other agencies, provides services that support the local community and visitors, reduces vacancy and decay of business properties. Town support of the economic vitality of the small business community is a public benefit to the Town of Mammoth Lakes and providing limited financial support to such business to assist in excess costs and impacts incurred by local business due to the 2023 extreme weather disaster is not a gift of public funds.
This program has limited funding and may be discontinued at any time or upon the expenditure of all available funds. The program may be used in conjunction with any other state, county, local, or non-profit funding source. The program will have $500,000 of Town funding. The Town’s decision on any application shall be final, and the terms of this program may be amended, or the program itself eliminated, at any time without notice.
Grants will be awarded in the following amounts based on the described scenarios.
- Businesses that conducted snow plowing operations only (storage of all snow on site) up to – $5,000
- Businesses that conducted snow plowing AND hauling operations up to – $7,500
- Businesses must have at least one (1) and up to 20 full time equivalent employees (FTEs) and less than $3,000,000 in gross revenues in the prior year (January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022) from direct operations within the Town of Mammoth Lakes.
- Businesses must have a physical, commercial storefront in the commercial zoning districts (OMR, D, MLR, NVSP, CSP) of Mammoth Lakes.
- Businesses must have been in operation, with a current business tax certificate, for one year prior to March 31, 2023.
- Applicants and their businesses must be in good standing with the Town with no outstanding fees, debts, or warrants.
- Businesses must have incurred or expect to be assessed substantially more for snow removal costs than in prior years. Documentation of current and past snow removal related costs must be provided to the Town for consideration.
- Businesses must currently be open for business and were open through January 1 2023 through March 31 2023.
The following businesses are NOT eligible:
- Businesses with no employees and those with over 20 employees as of December 31, 2022
- Home-based businesses or sole proprietorships
- Lending and investment institutions and insurance companies
- Businesses & nonprofit entities with no physical storefront
- Businesses operating outside of the Town of Mammoth Lakes municipal boundary
- Businesses without a valid Town of Mammoth Lakes business license
- Businesses engaged in any illegal activity according to local, state or federal laws or regulations
- Subcontractors under a primary business license, such as in a salon
- Business owners or businesses with any of the following:
- Pending bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings
- Outstanding judgments or tax liens
- Conviction of fraud
- Delinquency of federal tax payment or a federally regulated loan
- Suspension or debarment from contracting with the federal government or receiving federal funds
For more information, visit Town of Mammoth Lakes.