The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) is proud to recognize Michigan’s leading exporters in the category of food, agriculture, and forest products each year by awarding a Michigan Ag Exporter of the Year award to a deserving Michigan company.
Donor Name: Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Awards and Prizes
Size of the Grant: Not Available
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The goal of the Ag Exporter of the Year award is to recognize a Michigan food, agriculture, or forest products company that has worked diligently to increase company exports by entering new markets and cultivating existing ones, therefore creating new jobs and prospering Michigan’s economy.
The winning company will receive recognition throughout 2024 and will have the opportunity to participate in interviews and seminars during the year to recognize the company and promote the importance of exports.
- Michigan forest products, agriculture, or food producers
- Manufacturers or shippers of good reputation and standing in the business community
- Must be actively pursuing international markets and increasing export sales
- Past recipients are eligible to apply five years after their previous award if they have increased their exports or expanded into new markets.
- Products must be over 50 percent grown, processed, or manufactured in Michigan. Companies headquartered in other states with production facilities in Michigan are invited to apply on the basis of their Michigan-made exports.
For more information, visit MDARD.