The City of San Leandro and the Arts, Culture and Library Commission are administering a civic grants program to support San Leandro-based nonprofit organizations and individual creators, artists or culture bearers living in San Leandro.
Donor Name: City of San Leandro
City: San Leandro
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The Arts & Culture Grants Program is seeking applications of high artistic and/or cultural quality, with an emphasis on activities that support and celebrate the San Leandro community.
Arts and culture projects that are eligible for grant funding through this program include dance, music, theater, visual, literary, culture, media, interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary, traditional/folk, and performing arts.
Nonprofit organization-led projects will be supported with grants of up to $10,000. Individual-led projects will be supported with grants of up to $5,000.
Grant applicants must meet the following conditions in order for their application to be considered for a grant.
- San Leandro-based nonprofit organizations or individual creators, artists, or culture bearers living in San Leandro will be considered for funding.
- Dance, music, theater, visual, literary, media arts, interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary arts, traditional/folk arts, culture, and performing arts and culture projects are eligible for grant funding through this program.
- Only one application for one arts and culture project will be accepted per nonprofit organization or individual in the 2023-24 funding cycle.
Individual Creators, Artists, or Culture Bearers
- Individual applicants must provide proof of San Leandro residency by submitting a digital/electronic copy of a rental agreement or utility bill which clearly lists the applicant’s residential address. For individual applicants that are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must provide the required documentation.
- Individual applicants cannot be a City of San Leandro employee.
- Individual applicants must have a portfolio with examples of work.
- To apply, organizations must be a federally recognized nonprofit with an IRS 501(c)(3) status number and determination letter. Organizations seeking to apply through a Fiscal Sponsor may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more information, visit City of San Leandro.