The City of Santa Fe is seeking applications for housing, public facility and public services projects that are eligible for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds.
Donor Name: City of Santa Fe
State: New Mexico
City: Santa Fe
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $500,000 to $1 million
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The objective of the City’s use of these funds is to support and expand housing and economic opportunities for people with incomes less than 80% of the area median income (AMI) as defined by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The City of Santa Fe is classified as an entitlement community by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). There are five entitlement communities in New Mexico – Farmington, Las Cruces, Rio Rancho, Albuquerque, and Santa Fe. The State of New Mexico’s Department of Finance and Administration allocates the balance of New Mexico’s CDBG funds for non-entitlement communities to use for capital improvements and infrastructure.
The authorizing statute of the CDBG program requires that each eligible activity except program administration and planning activities must meet one of the three National Objectives:
- Benefit low and moderate income (LMI) persons or households;
- Eliminate slum and blight; or
- Address an urgent community need that threatens the health or welfare of residents.
For the FY 2024-25 year, an allocation of approximately $600,000 is anticipated to be made available from the grant award. The intent for the use of these funds is to serve the entire spectrum of housing needs including those who are currently experiencing homelessness, renters, homebuyers, and homeowners.
- Acquisition of real property
- Rehabilitation of residential and non-residential structures
- Provision of public facilities and improvements (water and sewer facilities, streets, neighborhood centers, etc.)
- Mortgage principal reduction assistance towards the purchase of a home
- Payment for public services with certain limits.
For more information, visit City of Santa Fe.