The Connecticut Community Foundation awards grants to Art and Culture.
Donor Name: Connecticut Community Foundation
Town: Selected Towns
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
Arts and culture play important roles in education, economic development, and general quality of life. Research shows a correlation between arts-based learning and enhanced student achievement, noting how the arts stimulate learning and improve overall academic performance.
The arts are also an important part of Connecticut’s economy and more importantly, can serve as a bridge between cultures. They recognize that there is inequity in access to and utilization of the arts. As a result, the arts and culture funding prioritize efforts that address disparity and increase access to culturally responsive art experiences, led by BIPOC artists.
The approach focuses on:
- Increasing access to quality creative arts programs, with a focus on addressing existing disparities.
- Nourishing community arts efforts and refreshing expectations for larger legacy institutions, exploring how traditional entities can serve and partner with diverse communities in non-traditional ways.
Efforts CCF support include:
- Participatory arts programs in various media (visual, theater, music, dance, writing, etc.) that create inclusive and supportive conditions for individuals of diverse backgrounds, ages, genders and cultures, and provide ways of making deeper connections to community life.
- Opportunities to create/showcase work and collaborate with others. This may also include integration of arts and community-building activities, or outreach to and inclusion of traditionally underrepresented audiences.
- Work to support/develop artists and efforts to build a supportive and thriving arts sector, welcoming to both current and new/non-traditional artists.
- Support for artists and organizations in forging creative efforts to uplift residents and inspire community & economic development.
The average amount is between $5,000 and $15,000.
The Foundation supports 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and organizations with a fiscal sponsor who support communities living in 21 towns within Greater Waterbury and Litchfield Hills.
For more information, visit CCF.