The Women’s and Girls’ Fund is pleased to solicit nominations for the 2024 Judi McCarthy Young Woman in Philanthropy Award.
Donor Name: Kern Community Foundation
County: Kern County (CA)
Type of Grant: Awards and Prizes
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
This award is given to a young woman who has made exceptional contributions of her time, talent, and treasure to improve the quality of life in Kern County.
KCF will transform the lives of women and girls in Kern County by mobilizing the power and passion of women working together.
- Women Educate to create awareness of women’s and girls’ needs unmet by current strategies.
- Women Endow a permanent fund whose annual yield supports programs benefitting women and girls throughout Kern County.
- Women Empower one another and the girls to become philanthropists and advocates of positive social change.
The Women’s and Girls’ Fund (WGF), a Leadership Initiative of Kern Community Foundation, announces at least $80,000 for competitive grant allocations in its 17th competitive grant cycle, with the maximum individual award being $25,000.
Who can apply?
Organizations should have a 501(c)(3) nonprofit designation or fiscal agent and be registered with Kern Community Foundation. All must have a presence in Kern County and all programs must benefit women or girls within Kern County.
- Is between 16 and 25 years of age, and eligible for extra-curricular activities (if in high school) and not on academic probation (if in college);
- Demonstrates a philanthropic spirit through personal giving or inspiring others to support charitable organizations;
- Exhibits a commitment to, and a passion for, bettering the lives of Kern County residents; and
- Focuses on seeking solutions to a problem rather than easing the symptoms.
For more information, visit KCF.