The United Way of Southern Nevada is requesting applications for the Emergency Food and Shelter Program.
Donor Name: United Way of Southern Nevada
County: Clark County (NV)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: More than $1 million
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) was created by Congress to help meet the needs of hungry and homeless people throughout the United States and its territories. EFSP is administered by FEMA and is authorized through the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act.
The program’s objectives are:
- to allocate funds to the neediest areas,
- to ensure fast response,
- to foster public/private sector cooperation,
- to ensure local decision making, and
- to maintain accountable reporting.
Local Funding Priorities
- Serve a geographically diverse area of Clark County
- Serve a range of populations that are most in need
- Provide most needed services addressing eligible categories: food, shelter, rent/mortgage and utility assistance.
- Leverage Optimal Buying Power with funds.
EFSP Phase 41 funding has allocated $1,488,327 for emergency food and shelter assistance in Clark County, Nevada.
Eligibility for Organizational Applicants
- Non-profit or governmental organization with a Unique Entity ID (UEI).
- Currently providing services in the category(s) for which you are requesting funding.
- Currently registered with HMIS or capacity to register prior to receipt of award funds.
- Capacity to expand program area without any additional administrative funds.
- Capacity to serve all eligible applicants in the geographic area, without limiting services to any specific population.
For more information, visit UWSN.