The K-12 Educator Fellowships support educators from all around Virginia who are committed to teaching the humanities for primary and secondary school students.
Donor Name: Virginia Humanities
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Fellowship
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
Virginia Humanities is currently seeking six educators to join the K-12 Educator Fellowship scheduled to begin in March 2024. They are additionally seeking one educator for the Encyclopedia Virginia K-12 Educator Fellowship (with an additional $500 stipend) to incorporate EV content into their learning experience.
All educators committed to teaching the humanities, including media specialists, librarians, curriculum specialists, after-school specialists, and home school teachers, are encouraged to apply. The use of the term “educator” encompasses anyone who is committed to creating inclusive learning experiences in a K-12 classroom. The cohort will consist of educators from across the state and will bring a wide range of humanities curriculum focus, from the elementary level to the high school level, allowing them to design new learning experiences that are easily accessible for both a physical classroom and remote use.
The cohort of K-12 Educator Fellows will spend nine months creating two learning experiences with lesson plans (designed around the current Virginia Standards of Learning) and aid in planning a professional development offering in collaboration with other fellows and Virginia Humanities staff. Fellows will be given a stipend of $4000, supply needs for their classroom (up to $180), and two relevant books needed for research (up to $60). Fellows will be given unique opportunities for collaborations with specialists in their areas of interest as well as Virginia Humanities staff.
Fellows will be paid $4,000 in three installments:
- Fellow will receive first payment of $1,000 on June 28, 2024
- Fellows will receive second payment of $1,000 on September 27, 2024
- Fellows will receive final payment of $2,000 when all deliverables are turned in on December 31, 2024.
K-12 Educator Fellowship Eligibility
- Must be a resident of Virginia
- Possess knowledge/understanding of the Virginia Standards of Learning
- Be willing to create diverse and inclusive content for a Virginia K-12 classroom
- Virginia Humanities is especially encourage educators who relish collaboration.
For more information, visit Virginia Humanities.