During the 2024 grants cycle, The Plus Collective (TPC) will award Operating Grants to Charlotte-area organizations serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) community.
Donor Name: The Plus Collective (TPC)
State: North Carolina
County: Mecklenburg County (NC)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Not Available
Grant Duration: 1 Year
Basic Operating Grants are intended to build capacity and strengthen the effectiveness of 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations whose primary objective is to serve the Charlotte-Mecklenburg LGBTQ+ community.
Eligible organizations will provide at least 75% of their services and utilize at least 75% of their budget within the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area.
The organizations’ services should support the following:
- Building understanding and appreciation, as well as promoting the value of inclusion within the organization’s circle of influence, for LGBTQ+ populations.
- Cultivating leadership opportunities for LGBTQ+ people.
- Engaging and including people with diverse backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identity in programs, services and organizational values.
As you complete your application, give special consideration to documenting the following criteria which will be used in making grant decisions:
- Scope of impact: The organization has a positive impact on its audience and the Charlotte LGBTQ+ community.
- Effectiveness: The organization is effective at utilizing resources to provide the services and benefits it offers.
- Budget: The organization’s budget presents reasonable costs for services performed and an efficient way to achieve the objectives.
- Diversity: The organization engages and includes people of color, trans individuals and others typically underserved within the LGBTQ+ community.
- Defined measures: The organization identifies clear objectives and uses relevant metrics and measures to define a successful outcome.
- Organizational experience: The organization has the appropriate talent, skills, and experience to execute its objectives and effectively utilize grant funds.
July 1, 2024– June 30, 2025.
- Grant awards must be made to eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and applying organizations must have their 501(c)(3) status at the time the application is submitted.
- Operating Grants are only awarded to organizations whose primary objective is to provide services or benefits to the LGBTQ+ community; eligible organizations must provide at least 75% of their services and utilize at least 75% of their budget within the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area.
- Applicant organizations must attest that at least 75% of their services are provided and at least 75% of their budget is utilized within the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area and must agree to use grant funds solely within Mecklenburg County.
- Applicants may apply for ONE Operating Grant per annual grants cycle.
- TPC Board and Grants Committee reserve the right to request additional information at any time. Failure to respond to requests for additional information may result in denial of the application and/or disqualification from future grant opportunities.
- Applicants are expected to return funds to TPC if the organization is unable to utilize the funds for the purposes specified in the application or by the grant use deadline.
For more information, visit The Plus Collective.