The Vermont Arts Council is accepting applications for its Creation Grants to support artists in creating new work.
Donor Name: Vermont Arts Council
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
Grant funds may be used to compensate the artists for time spent creating new work, to purchase materials, or to rent equipment or space for the process. This highly competitive program is reviewed by an independent panel of practicing artists and arts professionals. Both established and emerging artists are encouraged to apply.
- You may apply for any amount up to $5,000.
- The project must take place between September 1, 2024, and August 31, 2025.
Who May Apply
- Individual artists and artist groups may apply. Individual applicants must: o have been residents of Vermont for a minimum of one year prior to the application deadline and are residents at the time the award is granted. Residency means that Vermont is your primary residence, and is the address you use for legal forms, state income taxes, car registration, driver’s license or state-issued ID, and/or voter registration o be eighteen years of age or older at the time of application o have submitted all required reports on any prior Council grants
- Artist groups must have at least one member who meets all the above requirements who will serve as the lead applicant and project coordinator.
- Artists may submit one application per grant round as an individual artist, though they may also be part of a group of artists applying for the same grant round providing they are not the lead applicant.
- Who May Not Apply
- artists whose projects involve activities for which college credit is given • artists or artist groups who have received a Creation Grant within the past five years (FY2019- FY2023; September 1, 2018, or after)
- nonprofits and organizations Criteria for Selection Successful applicants will address all the criteria to the best of their abilities. Applications will be evaluated on the demonstration of:
- artistic excellence (60%)
- project management (25%)
- impact (15%)
- For more information, visit Vermont Arts Council.