Detroit Arts Support (DAS) initiative has provided unrestricted operating funding to arts and cultural organizations in the metro Detroit region.
Donor Name: The Kresge Foundation
Counties: Wayne County (MI), Oakland County (MI), Macomb County (MI)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/20/2022
Grant Size: $5,000 to $100,000
Grant Size: 3 years
The program aims to strengthen the sector broadly through consistent support for a diverse set of organizations that contribute to the quality of life in metropolitan Detroit, and provide opportunities for creative expression to people of all backgrounds.
The DAS is a partnership between The Kresge Foundation, Fred A. and Barbara M. Erb Family Foundation and Hudson-Webber Foundation.
Individual grant sizes will range from $5,000 to $100,000 per year. All grants will be made in three-year commitments.
- Be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service or operate under a public college/university or government entity.
- Not be classified as private foundations under Section 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Be headquartered and incorporated in the State of Michigan, located in and serving Wayne, Oakland or Macomb counties.
- Have a mission primarily dedicated to arts, culture and creativity. Organizations that are a subsidiary or division of a larger 501(c)(3) organization must demonstrate an independent identity and governance structure.
- Have a record of presenting programs for at least two years.
Employ the equivalent of at least one full-time person.
- Have a current (no older than FY 2019) financial audit conducted by an independent certified public accountant. Organizations with annual budgets of less than $250,000 may provide a qualified review or IRS Form 990.
- Have revenues of at least $100,000 from their most recently completed fiscal year.
For more information, visit The Kresge Foundation.