The Town of Avon is pleased to welcome applications for its Support for Community Events Grant Program.
Donor Name: Town of Avon
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: 2 Years
The Support for Community Events Grant Program aims to provide financial aid to local festivals, special events, or community programs designed to provide recreational and/or cultural opportunities for residents and generally promote the Town of Avon.
Goals and Objectives
The approval of financial aid will be considered for local festivals, special events, or community programs designed to provide recreational and/or cultural opportunities for residents and generally promote the Town. Special attention shall be given to events that promote the attractiveness of the Town as a place to visit and/or live, celebrate the heritage of the Town and its residents, promote recreational opportunities and/or enrich quality of life.
- Grant awards will be capped at 25% of an applicant’s event budget or $7,500, whichever is less.
- Applications are currently being accepted from non-profit entities for qualified events occurring from March 1, 2024 through June 30, 2024.
The applicant must meet all of the following requirements, eligibility criteria and conditions:
- The applicant must be identified by the IRS as tax-exempt under a 501c category.
- Grants will not be awarded to organizations whose primary purpose is of a political or religious nature.
- The event supports the aforementioned goals and objectives.
- Funds are not to be used to support an applicant’s regular operational costs.
- The applicant’s event must not be financially dependent upon receiving support from the Town of Avon.
- A maximum of one grant will be awarded per event.
- Event must be held within the limits of the Town of Avon.
- The recipient of the funds shall provide the Town with recognition as a sponsor in a method consistent with other sponsors who have provided funds of an equivalent value.
- Preference will be given to grant requests that fund the purchase of items or services that will assist event organizers in protecting the public health, safety and welfare. Examples of such items and services include, but are not limited to, emergency medical services, refuse and recycling collection and disposal, portable restrooms and wash stations, portable lighting, security services, and transportation.
- Grant requests to fund the purchase of products or services that are prohibited for use by, or sale to, minors will not be funded.
- The event must be free and open to the public. Events that charge an entrance fee to the public will not be considered. Events that are organized as a for-profit commercial venture will not be considered.
For more information, visit Town of Avon.