Small Things, Big Impacts is a grant opportunity through Naturally Lewis open to for-profit and not-for-profit business and organizations in Lewis County, NY.
Donor Name: Naturally Lewis
State: New York
County: Lewis County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Less than $1000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The opportunity will support Lewis County businesses in enhancing their visibility through creative means in the community.
The Small Things, Big Impacts Fund promotes small improvements that produce big results, without a huge financial investment. By supporting the businesses and non-profit organizations in making these smaller investments, the opportunity facilitates sustainable growth and long-term success; this ultimately creates a positive economic impact in Lewis County.
Opportunities to Increase Visibility
- On the Web
- Branding Assets
- On the Shelf
- Product Packaging
- Product Displays
- Shelf Placement
- On the Street
- Storefront Signage
- Visibility Signage
- On the Go
- Craft Fair Booth
- Market Stand
- Food Truck
Grant Awards: $500 to $1000 per grant.
- Applicants must be a Business or 501c3 Non-profit Organization in Lewis County, NY.
- Applicants must demonstrate a need for improving visibility and a commitment to using the grant for that purpose.
- Applicant must demonstrate a creative and visually appealing approach to increasing visibility.
- The project should focus on enhancing the applicant’s visibility through one, or more, of the following creative means such as:
- Street Visibility: Improving storefront signage, banners, or other forms of signage visible to pedestrians and motorists.
- Digital Visibility: Improving your digital image in the form of a new logo, branding assets or online presence (ex. website).
- Shelf Visibility: Enhancing product packaging, product displays or shelf placement to attract customer attention.
- Mobile Visibility: Are you a business that sells things “on the go” (think farmers markets or craft fairs) and need a new, effective setup?
- Priority will be given to proposals that demonstrate a commitment to supporting local businesses. Applicants should indicate their intent to utilize local businesses for purchasing goods and services required for the project whenever feasible.
- Applicants must demonstrate a match of at least 50% of the project cost.
- Funding cannot be rewarded for retroactive projects or projects that have already started.
The Community Economic Development Program Committee will evaluate the Small Things Big Impacts Applications based on the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a Lewis County Business or Non-profit Organization (501c3)
- Project demonstrates enhancements to visibility through one, or more of the following categories: Street Visibility, Digital Visibility, Shelf Visibility, Mobile Visibility
- Business or organization must demonstrate a need for improving visibility and a commitment to using the grant for that purpose.
- Project must demonstrate be a new, creative and visually appealing approach to increase visibility.
- Project must demonstrate how increased visibility will create opportunities for new or increased customer base.
- Project should demonstrate a commitment to supporting local businesses whenever feasible.
- Project should demonstrate a benefit to the community.
- Project must comply with all local zoning and codes ordinances, if applicable (ex. Sign permits)
- Project must demonstrate 50% match of funding request.
- Project must be completed within 6 months of receiving funding.
For more information, visit Naturally Lewis.