The Department of the Treasury (Treasury) is issuing this Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) to invite applications from State and local governments for awards under the Social Impact Partnerships to Pay for Results Act (the “Act”).
Donor Name: Department of the Treasury
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: More than $1 million
Grant Duration: 5 Years
Under this NOFA, Treasury announces the availability of approximately $40.9 million for payments for successful outcomes of social impact partnership projects through grants to State and local governments, and, for required project evaluations, the availability of up to approximately $6.1 million. All awards provided through this NOFA are subject to funding availability. As stated in the Act, the purposes of the SIPPRA program are
- To improve the lives of families and individuals in need;
- To redirect funds away from programs that, based on objective data, are ineffective, and into programs that achieve demonstrable, measurable results;
- To ensure federal funds are used effectively on social services to produce positive outcomes for both service recipients and taxpayers;
- To establish the use of social impact partnerships to address some of the Nation’s most pressing problems;
- To facilitate the creation of public-private partnerships that bundle philanthropic or other private resources with existing public spending to scale up effective social interventions already being implemented;
- To bring pay for performance to the social sector, allowing the United States to improve the impact and effectiveness of vital social services programs while redirecting inefficient or duplicative spending; and
- To incorporate outcomes measurement and randomized controlled trials or other rigorous methodologies for assessing program impact.
The Act provides funds for two types of awards:
- social impact partnership project grants, including grants to pay for independent evaluations for such projects, and
- feasibility study grants.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $47 million
- Award Ceiling: $10,000,000
Period of Performance
Expected 48-60 months but project dependent.
Only States or local governments are eligible applicants; applications from any other entities will not be reviewed.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.