The Rural Business-Cooperative Service (RBCS, Agency), a Rural Development (RD) agency of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), invites applications under the Rural Innovation Stronger Economy (RISE) program.
Donor Name: Rural Business-Cooperative Service
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: More than $1 million
Grant Duration: 4 Years
Selected applicants will use Agency grant funds to provide financial assistance in support of innovation centers and job accelerator programs that improve the ability of distressed rural communities to create high wage jobs, accelerate the formation of new businesses, and help rural communities identify and maximize local assets.
- Grant amounts are awarded competitively with a minimum of $500,000 and a maximum grant amount of $2,000,000.
- The grant term is 4 years.
Grants funds may be used
RISE grant funds can be used to:
- Build or support a business incubator facility
- Provide worker training to assist in the creation of new jobs
- Train the existing workforce with skills for higher-paying jobs
- Develop a base of skilled workers and improve their opportunities to obtain high-wage jobs in new or existing local industries
Eligible applicants are rural jobs accelerator partnerships with expertise in delivering economic and job training programs, consisting of the following:
For more information, visit Grants.gov.