The Community Changemaker Fund is an initiative of local changemakers, community leaders and grantmakers who want to honor and resource the individuals, businesses and nonprofits who are working toward building a Culture of Health in Palm Beach County each and every day.
Donor Name: Changemaker Fund
County: Palm Beach County (FL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The Fund recognizes that a Culture of Health is built on the wisdom, education and lived experience of the people who dream to believe in a community where each resident thrives. So bring your ideas, programs, projects and products–all ideas are welcomed, whether its community organizing, planning grants, advocacy initiatives, and/or anything you can dream up, they would like to dream alongside you.
As a result of national recognition and the $25,000 prize, a group of local funders matched the prize dollars to create the Community Changemaker Fund and invited PBC community members to help them design the fund including the purpose of the fund, the application process and how funds are awarded from the fund.
- For individuals – up to $3,000
- For profits – up to $12,500
- For nonprofits – up to $12,500
- You are eligible to apply as:
- As an individual
- As a for profit with less than $500,000 in annual revenue
- As a nonprofit with 501c3 status and annual operating budget of less than $500,000
- And, you must:
- Serve Palm Beach County residents in Palm Beach County
- Have a Palm Beach County presence – grounded in PBC, residency, main office, physical office space.
The Community Changemaker Fund’s aims support good ideas in Palm Beach County that improve the lives of its residents. Good ideas are ones that can be reasonably achieved within a 6 to 12-month period and reflect a community’s wishes, interests, strengths and needs.
Reviewers will be considering the following:
- The Idea: is the idea compelling and appear to be achievable
- The Impact: how will this idea impact the lives of PBC residents
- The Potential: what will we be learning, what can other communities learn/benefit from this idea
- The Resourcefulness: in addition to the grant, what other forms of capital are being utilized
- The Community Participation in the planning and execution
Reviewers will consider applications in the following groupings:
- For profits with annual operating budget of $500,000 or less
- Non-profits with annual operating budget of $250,000 and less
- Non-profits with annual operating budget of $250,000 to $500,000.
For more information, visit Changemakers Fund.