The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), National Institute of Justice (NIJ) is seeking applications for the Longitudinal Research on Delinquency and Crime Program.
Donor Name: National Institute of Justice (NIJ)
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: More than $1 million
Grant Duration: 5 Years
With this solicitation, NIJ, in collaboration with the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP), seeks proposals for funding to conduct an expansion or extension of one or more ongoing/existing longitudinal research studies that focus on delinquency and crime throughout the life-course. Longitudinal studies support interdisciplinary research on the emergence, persistence, and desistance of delinquency and criminal offending. This research will inform the design of more effective strategies for prevention and intervention in delinquent and criminal behavioral trajectories.
NIJ seeks applications for funding to expand or extend one or more ongoing/existing longitudinal research studies that focus on delinquency and crime throughout the life-course of the individual, which may include childhood, adolescence, and young adulthood. Applicants are encouraged to adopt a holistic approach to the study of child and adolescent development and the emergence, persistence, and desistance of delinquent and criminal offending. The research findings are intended to identify malleable risk and protective factors, which can be effectively targeted in efforts to prevent the onset of delinquency and to intervene in the lives of youth and young adults who engage in delinquent and criminal behavior.
The goals of this research initiative are to inform the advancement of effective delinquency prevention and intervention approaches that support positive life-course outcomes and thereby contribute to the reduction of delinquency and crime. To achieve these goals, the solicitation will extend or expand ongoing/existing longitudinal developmental investigations.
The primary objectives of this solicitation are to identify malleable risk and protective factors, which can be effectively targeted in efforts to prevent the onset of delinquency and to intervene in the lives of youth and young adults to advance their desistance from delinquent and criminal behavior.
Anticipated Total Amount To Be Awarded Under This Solicitation: $2,000,000.
Period of Performance Duration (Months)
Up to 60 months
- State governments
- Special district governments
- City or township governments
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- County governments
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses
- Independent school districts
- Federal agencies
- Units of local government, such as towns, boroughs, parishes, villages, or other general purpose political subdivisions of a State
For more information, visit Grants.gov.