The Manistee County Community Foundation is seeking applications to create and fund numerous projects that improve the lives of those who live in Manistee County.
Donor Name: Manistee County Community Foundation
County: Manistee County (MI)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
The interest areas of the foundation encompass all aspects of life including youth and education, arts and culture, the environment, health and human services, recreation, community development and more. The foundation will consider support for operating and administrative expenses associated with a specific project, but we do not typically provide general operating support.
The Community Foundations Grant Program is supported by multiple funds, some of which are flexible in purpose and others that support particular aspects of life.
- Address root causes
- Will make a lasting impact on the community and are sustainable
- Attract funding and other resources to the community
- Demonstrate collaboration and/or coordination of efforts or resources
- Target underserved members of the community
- Are accessible to participants, regardless of their identity or physical, social, financial or other circumstances
- Include diverse perspectives, especially of those who stand to benefit.
Generally, the minimum grant award will be $1,000 and the maximum grant award will be up to $10,000, with the exception of recreation grants which, through the remarkable generosity of a donor, may be up to $100,000.
Generally, projects should be completed within one year of a grant award. Larger recreational projects may be allowed up to two years for completion.
There are some specific eligibility rules to keep in mind before you consider applying.
- Eligible applicants include: tax-exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, school districts, units of government, including federally recognized tribes. Support may also be considered for religious institutions.
- Projects must be located in Manistee County, unless pre-approved by the Community Foundation, and benefit residents of Manistee County
- Foundation does not make grants to individuals, or grants to cover deficits, or other previously incurred obligations
- In general, we will not consider a new grant to an organization that has an open grant or has not met prior grant requirements
For more information, visit MCCF.