The Groundswell Capital is seeking applications to help small businesses keep Tucson amable (friendly, kind) with programs that make an exceptional social impact.
Donor Name: Groundswell Capital
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
Small businesses are the heart of community, often going above and beyond the call of commerce to serve citizens sight unseen. The Keep Tucson Amable Grant Fund recognizes and supports these businesses with awards of up to $5,000.
Eligible Uses of Funds
Use of funds would depend on the service your small business provides to the community.
The Keep Tucson Amable grant is for existing businesses (12 months of revenue or more) who have demonstrated a track record of giving back and reinvesting in their community. These small businesses may sponsor youth events, donate services, host community events, or give back through their revenue model.
In order to be eligible to submit for any of the Changemaker Grants you must:
- Be a for-profit business based within the City of Tucson (including the City of South Tucson)
- Have 50 or fewer employees
- Be registered to do business in the State of Arizona unless the business is a sole proprietorship (or will be registered prior to disbursement of funds)
- Be registered as a DBA if the sole proprietorship does business under a name other than the owner’s
- Be independently owned and operated and not be dominant in its field of operation
- Not be facing any pending litigation or legal action
- Not have any business owners, including all managing members and/or officers, who have been convicted of financial crimes within the past three years
- Not have received alternate federal, state, or local grant funding to cover the same costs and/or uses included in this application
- Not be suspended or debarred from the use of federal funds
For more information, visit Groundswell Capital.