The Crawford County Community Foundation awards grants to improve the quality of life in Crawford County by supporting community needs in the areas of civic engagement, culture, health, education, and social services.
Donor Name: Crawford County Community Foundation
County: Crawford County (IA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $100,000 to $500,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The objective of its grant programs is to fund projects that will have a permanent impact on, and in, Crawford County. As an affiliate of the Omaha Community Foundation, the Crawford County Community Foundation was established in 2005.
Types of Support
- Capital Support (Items of Permanence) – Grants for capital support enable the purchase of equipment, completion of brick-and-mortar building projects, or physical renovations to a space.
- Program Support – Grants for program support fund a specific, connected set of activities with a beginning and an end, explicit objectives, and a predetermined cost.
- Operating Support – Grants for operating support overall activities at an organization, including operating expenses and overhead. This type of grant supports the organization’s overall mission.
As part of this spring grant cycle, approximately $135,000 is available to support Crawford County nonprofit organizations and community projects.
Concerning the use of a Fiscal Sponsor:
- You may use a Fiscal Sponsor if your organization is not a verifiable 501(c)(3) Public Charity or local municipality.
- A Fiscal Sponsor is a nonprofit organization that holds an IRS letter of determination certifying they are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity, or a governmental entity such as a city or County Board of Supervisors.
- Prior to consideration for funding, a Fiscal Sponsor must verify approval of their sponsorship of your application by completing a fiscal sponsorship agreement form.
- Community Foundation staff will send the required form to the fiscal sponsor listed on your application after the submission period has ended.
- If your grant request is awarded, the check will be made out to the Fiscal Sponsor. The Fiscal Sponsor is the entity that is accepting responsibility for the distribution of funds as outlined in the grant application.
- Applications requiring a Fiscal Sponsor that are submitted without the appropriate contact information will not be considered.
For more information, visit OCF.