First County Bank Foundation announces that applications for the Annual CommunityFirst grant program are now being accepted.
Donor Name: First County Bank Foundation
City: Selected Cities
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Not Available
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
Established in 2001 in honor of the Bank’s 150th anniversary, First County Bank Foundation was created to distribute funds annually to nonprofit organizations that support community and economic development, affordable housing, and programs that support educational enrichment for children and families. As a mutual bank with no shareholders, First County Bank considers grants made by the foundation a means of paying dividends back to the local communities it serves.
Their priority areas of focus for their programs:
- Boost Community Development
- Job skills training and placement; initiatives to promote independence and self-sufficiency; meeting food, clothing, health and shelter need; senior services and family support programs.
- Support Affordable Housing
- Increase the availability of affordable housing, supportive and transitional housing; housing rehabilitation programs and first-time homebuyer initiatives.
- Provide Educational Enrichment
- Give families and children the opportunity to attend mentoring programs, summer camp activities and parenting classes.
To be eligible, organizations must:
- Have nonprofit tax exempt status under section 501 © (3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Have programs located in Stamford, Norwalk, Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Westport, Fairfield, and neighboring communities of Bridgeport
- Have community support
- Address community needs
- Have measureable outcomes
- Demonstrates fiscal and administrative responsibility.
For more information, visit First County Bank Foundation.