Are you part of a U.S.-based non-profit organization that supports vibrant, inclusive communities and community leaders who are immigrants, refugees, and migrants? If yes, then apply for the Elevating Migrant Leadership: Building Inclusive Futures Funding Opportunity!
Donor Name: World Education Services (WES) Mariam Assefa Fund
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: 2 Years
The World Education Services (WES) Mariam Assefa Fund seeks proposals from organizations in the United States that are elevating the voices and leadership of immigrants and refugees in their communities.
The WES Mariam Assefa Fund’s Elevating Migrant Leadership: Building Inclusive Futures Funding Opportunity is designed Funding will be awarded to organizations with programs, current or developing, that focus on 2 out of 3 of the following areas:
- Narrative Building
- Immigrants, refugees, and other migrants learn the best ways to build or shift prevailing narratives so that they are inclusive of their voices and perspectives.
- Experiential Learning
- Immigrants, refugees, and other migrants increase their leadership capacity through applied learning experiences that help them build strategic development and decision-making skills.
- Immigrants, refugees, and other migrants forge relationships with mentors who can provide guidance and introduction to networks.d for organizations like yours.
Awardees will receive $100,000 grants that are two years in length.
Applicants must be organizations that:
- Have a mission and vision explicitly focused on serving immigrants and refugees
- Directly serve immigrants, refugees, and other migrants who hold intersectional identities from the following racial/ethnic groups: Asian/Asian American/Pacific Islander, Black/African/African American, Latino/Latin American, Middle Eastern, and Indigenous
- Have an operating budget that is equal to or less than $3 million in their most recent tax filing
- Are registered as a 501(c)(3) in the United States, or have a fiscal sponsor with this legal standing, and conduct their operations in the United States
- Do not have active grant awards with the WES Mariam Assefa Fund as of January 2024 (Note: Supplemental awards, such as Capacity Strengthening Grants for current partners, are not included in this requirement)
For more information, visit WES Mariam Assefa Fund.