The Clayton County Office of Economic Development has allocated America Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) grant funds to the Commercial Beautification and Improvement Grant Program to assist owners of commercial property with repair, enhancement and improvement for commercial properties within Clayton County.
Donor Name: Clayton County Office of Economic Development
County: Clayton County (GA)
Type of Grant: Grant | Matching Grants
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The Clayton County Strategic Economic Development Plan specifies a need for beautification to attract new business and investment to Clayton County. The goal of this grant is to improve the overall attractiveness of high traffic corridors in Clayton County.
- Promote a consistently high-quality commercial environment that will be attractive to residents and visitors
- Promote retail to service activities and increase tenant occupancy within the shopping centers
- Create an attractive environment where residents, visitors and business owners gain a sense of civic pride
- Promoting additional improvements by the participants, and neighboring properties.
Eligible commercial property owners may apply for grants up to $75,000 that can be used for exterior improvements to their commercial property. This grant is intended for retail shopping centers, but other commercial properties may also qualify for funding. A match is required for eligibility. The match must be equal to or greater than 25% of the funds requested. The match may be in the form of proof of exterior improvements within the last 3 years or additional repairs outside of the funds requested.
- The applicant must be up to date on all permits, taxes, and other fees.
- Only one application and property per owner
- The grant will only fund projects that improve the visual appearance of the property from the street or other public space.
- Eligible improvements include:
- Painting, including an exterior mural
- Building surface repairs i.e. brick, siding, limestone, stucco etc.
- Landscaping i.e. ornamental, decorative planters, flowerbeds etc.
- Exterior Lighting/LED lighting
- Windows, doors, framing, etc.
- Signage, canopies, awnings, etc.
- Gates, fencing, landscaping, etc.
- Cosmetic repairs
- Properties must be less than 75,000 SF
- Outparcels are allowed.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Property must be zoned for general business, mixed use, or commercial
- Applicants must be in good standing with Clayton County on all tax property taxes
- Shopping centers and commercial properties must have 50% or greater occupancy
- Property owner must have been owned property prior to January 1, 2021.
For more information, visit CCOED.