Are you a non-profit organization that is planning an event that will provide an economic, artistic, and cultural benefit to Tigard community members and businesses? This grant opportunity may be for you!
Donor Name: City of Tigard
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
$50,000 is the maximum Community Events Grant award to a single organization.
- Applicants must be the following organization types:
- Any tax-exempt organization including those recognized under IRC 501(c)3, 501(c)4, and 501(c)6.
- not a for-profit business
- other governmental agencies;
- and the exception to the above requirement is if organization has a fiscal sponsor that is a tax-exempt organization.
- Applicants must provide a tax-exempt letter or proof of a fiscal sponsor with the taxexempt letter of the sponsor. The exception to this requirement is other governmental agencies.
- Applicants must provide recent financial statement, balance sheet, and income statement, demonstrating fiscal responsibility; or explanation as to why these items cannot be provided.
- Applicants must include, in their application, the benefit per Tigard community member served.
- Applicants must provide the number of Tigard residents participating in the event.
- Applicants must provide an event plan approved by the City of Tigard prior to a check being issued to the applicant.
- Applicants must state the location of the event and provide an explanation if the event is not held within City limits.
- Organization must have experienced leadership capable of implementing and managing the event.
- Applicants must be willing to present the application to budget committee.
- If the applicant receives $10,000 or more in funds, from the City of Tigard, the applicant must agree and be prepared to give a presentation on the use of funds. The presentation may be optional for recipients that receive under $10,000, upon request from the applicant.
- If the applicant receives funds from the City of Tigard, the applicant must agree to provide a progress report on the use of funds, 6 months after receiving the funds.
- If the applicant has received grant funds from the City of Tigard in a prior year, then applicant must explain how the organization spent the funds.
- Grant awardees must recognize the City of Tigard as a sponsor of the event in all published material recognizing sponsors.
- All required documents are accurate, complete, and submitted by the application deadline.
For more information, visit City of Tigard.