The Super Neighborhood Grant Program helps neighborhoods fund various neighborhood events, beautification, and improvement projects by providing Super Neighborhoods.
Donor Name: City of Houston
Type of Grant: Grant | Reimbursement
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The program is designed to cultivate the spirit of community engagement to help Super Neighborhood Councils fund projects that improve, educate, and/or beautify their neighborhoods.
The City will fund projects/events in an amount not to exceed $7,000. The minimum project amount is $500.
The program helps pay for physical improvements or projects that are accessible and beneficial to the community. Funds received through this program may not be used to lobby or participate in partisan political campaigns and/or elections. Completed projects or completed parts of a project are not eligible for reimbursement.
Proposed projects must meet the following requirements:
- Improve a neighborhood through a physical improvement.
- Involve neighborhood residents, have long-standing benefits.
- Accessible to the public.
Eligible organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an active Super Neighborhood per the City of Houston-Department of Neighborhoods
- Super Neighborhood must register and become a City of Houston vendor via the Strategic Purchasing Division.
- Must have a checking account and an elected treasurer or secretary who is responsible for using taxpayer funds in good faith.
For more information, visit City of Houston.