The City of Bingen is excited to announce its 2024 Lodging Tax Grant Program.
Donor Name: City of Bingen
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
The goal of the grant is to invest in facilities, events and activities that increase overnight and day-visitors to the City of Bingen and result in increased tourism-related revenues.
City Grant Guidelines
- Organizations may submit more than one application each year but there must be a separate application form for each project/activity.
- Matching funds are not required but are encouraged as a sign of community support and organization commitment.
- Grants must be for a minimum of $2,500.
- Special events/festivals, capital projects or facilities requesting operating funds must be located inside the City limits.
- Special events/festivals:
- Must be sponsored by a non-profit or the City
- Grants funds can be used for operational expenses, including marketing and promotion with the exception of salaries and/or benefits for event organizers or other key staff, insurance and travel. Funds may be used for security staff, traffic control, etc.;
- Funds in this cycle are available beginning January 1, 2024 and must be spent by December 31, 2024.
- For existing special events – in operation for more than three years – proposals must be for expansion or enhancement for the event and those expansions and/or enhancements must be clearly defined and measurable.
- All advertising must acknowledge the City of Bingen as sponsor.
Criteria for Grant Awards
Priority will be given to lodging tax grant proposals that:
- Demonstrate potential to result in overnight stays by tourists in lodging facilities within the City of Bingen or to attract day visitors from outside Klickitat County.
- Provide, maintain, operate or enhance City-owned tourist related facilities or infrastructure.
- Promote the City of Bingen and/or events, activities and places in the city to potential tourists from outside the region.
- Have a demonstrated potential to result in economic benefit to Bingen. Successful proposals will show specific strategies to draw visitors.
- Provide funds from sources other than lodging tax funding.
- Are sponsored by an organization that has a successful track record with similar projects or events.
- Authorized uses for lodging taxes are:
- Tourism marketing including operation of a destination marketing organization (DMO)
- Marketing and operation of special events and festival designed to attract tourists
- Operations and capital expenditures of tourism-related facilities owned or operated by a municipality or by a public facilities district
- Operations of tourism-related facilities owned or operated by non-profit organizations
- Program requirements include:
- Organizations eligible to receive funds are municipalities, destination marketing organizations, or non-profit organizations (which include main street organizations, lodging associations and chamber of commerce).
- All applicants, including municipalities, must follow the same applicant process.
For more information, visit City of Bingen.