The City of Ashland is seeking applications for its Business Beautification Grant to encourage private investment in renovating and rehabilitating existing properties, both lodging and commercial, within Ashland City limits.
Donor Name: City of Ashland
Type of Grant: Grant | Matching Grants
Deadline: All Time
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The goal of the grant is to enhance the City’s appearance and achieve compliance with current regulations where necessary.
The program will provide financial assistance through a fifty percent (50%) grant match to non-residential property owners who lie within the outlined districts for the purpose of improving the street-side appearance of their existing buildings and site features.
Up to $175,000 will be available for distribution through June 30, 2024. Grant applications are eligible for up to $20,000 in matching grant funds.
- Exterior cosmetic improvements to the structure’s façade (work must be located on the street frontage side of the building)
- Additional or upgrade to outdoor lighting.
- Alleviation of any code violations where the health or safety of employees or the public are endangered.
- Installation of public or handicap-accessible sidewalks and/or infrastructure
- Installation of signage or awnings
- Installation of landscaping
- Installation of outdoor seating
- Removal of non-conforming or illegal site elements.
- Current property owner or current tenant of existing non-residentially developed properties fronting on a roadway corridor within City limits.
- Current business license with the City of Ashland.
- The applicant has no outstanding debt to the City.
- Must adhere to all building and land use codes as applicable.
- If the proposed scope of work necessitates planning or building permit approval, it is imperative that any grant-funded project does not commence until all essential permits have been issued and planning approvals have been officially granted.
- All beautification activities must conform with City of Ashland building and zoning codes and be performed by a licensed general contractor or service provider. The grant recipient is responsible for all building permits or other permits that may be necessary.
- The applicant must submit a minimum of two (2) quotes for the project.
- With at least one quote from an independent contractor/ vendor without a direct familial relation to the applicant or companies owned by the applicant.
- The grant will be awarded based on the low quote. The applicant may select a contractor other than the lowest quote, however the grant amount will only cover 50% of the lowest quote provided.
- Once the work is complete the applicant will be required to submit a copy of the final invoice proving the work has been completed.
- A restrictive covenant grant that describes the beautification grant will be recorded with Jackson County records office.
For more information, visit City of Ashland.