The CDA Foundation Dental Materials and Supplies Grant program supports nonprofit organizations with the dental supplies and materials necessary for dental operations and oral health services.
Donor Name: California Dental Association (CDA) Foundation
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant | In-kind
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: 2 Years
Grants are awarded as in-kind dental materials and supplies, not monetary awards, donated by Henry Schein Cares.
The Dental Materials and Supplies Grant is a unique program that works in partnership with Henry Schein Cares, epitomizing the combined commitment to give back to dentistry and communities they serve. Nonprofit organizations, such as the UC San Diego Student-Run Free Dental Clinic and Ravenswood Family Health Center, have been recipients of the award and received dental supplies that helped provide dental care for underserved people in local communities.
Selected organizations will receive between $5,000 – $25,000 of in-kind goods per year for two years. The only cost to a recipient organization is the shipping of the goods.
To be eligible for the CDA Foundation Dental Materials and Supplies Grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Classified as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization by the US Internal Revenue Service.
- Provide charitable dental services to underserved people in California.
Applications that can clearly and concisely demonstrate the following characteristics will have a greater opportunity for funding:
- Relevance to the CDA Foundation’s mission to improve the oral health of all Californians by supporting the dental profession in its efforts to meet community needs;
- Community-based and/or community-driven organization;
- Dental and Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA locations and IDs can be found on the Health Resources and Services Administration website);
- Resources and Services Administration website);
- Programs provided to underserved and diverse clients;
- Established partnerships and collaborations; and
- Ability to use and dispense a high volume of materials and supplies.
For more information, visit California Dental Association.