The Ross-Chillicothe Convention & Visitors Bureau is excited to announce the Promotional Grant Assistance Program (GAP).
Donor Name: Ross-Chillicothe Convention & Visitors Bureau
County: Ross County (OH)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The purpose of the RCCVB Grant Assistance Program is to provide cooperative funding to non-profit/profit organizations, attractions, and individual events in the Chillicothe and Ross County area for promotion of an event or program. Promotions will allow the Bureau to participate in the community by providing assistance to eligible candidates and provide an avenue for the organizers of the events to promote the activity thus increasing awareness and the potential for tourism visitation.
Goals of the Grant Assistance Program:
- Increase overnight stays in Ross County
- Promote a positive image and increased visibility of Ross County’s attractions
- Increase expenditures by visitors to Ross County
- Provide programs & activities beneficial to drawing additional tourist from 100+ mile radius
- Feature new or expanded events and programs.
The total of the Bureau’s Grant Assistance Program’s budget is $20,000 for 2024.
Uses of funds
Funding may be requested for:
- Marketing, promotion, and advertising expenses
- Entertainment fees – qualifying entertainment must be added that would extend or enhance the event.
- Printing of event brochures for fulfillment and distribution reach beyond a 100-mile radius.
The following requirements must be met to apply/receive assistance from the program. Organizations, attractions, or individual special events who do not comply with these requirements may not be considered or receive grant assistance:
- Any non-profit/profit attraction, or special event may apply for assistance if the emphasis of the program is to increase tourism, by way of promotion, in and around the county. It is the responsibility of the non-profit/profit organization, attraction, or event to state how it will result in a visitor staying overnight or extending their stay in Ross County and increase spending in all facets of the tourism industry. It must also state how the event will promote a positive image and increased visibility of the region’s attractions, culture, and heritage.
- A completed application along with any relevant, supporting documentation must be submitted on or before the date of the deadline. Applications received after this date will not be considered in the program.
- Complete event information must be provided to the Ross-Chillicothe Convention & Visitors Bureau to promote the event and provide information to potential visitors.
- A designated member of the event organization must sign for the monies received. Grant award recipients will be given funds at the annual Tourism Banquet on the first Monday in May. A designated member must be present at the Banquet to receive funds. There is no cost to the individual/organization to attend the banquet. Advance registration is required.
- All grant recipients must credit the Ross-Chillicothe Convention & Visitors Bureau for their support by using the Bureau’s logo and website address. Printed materials and media should use the copy “Supported by a grant through the Ross-Chillicothe Convention & Visitors Bureau.”
- A post event survey must be returned to the Bureau within thirty (30) days of the close of the event.
For more information, visit RCCVB.