The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is offering this grant opportunity to County Fairs Capital Improvement Grant.
Donor Name: Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development (MDARD)
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
This program will assist in the promotion of building improvements or other capital improvements at county fairgrounds within the state.
- Capital improvements are costs related to making changes to improve capital assets, increase their useful life, or add to the value of these assets. Capital improvements may be structural improvements or other renovations to a building or enhance usefulness or productivity.
- Building improvements are costs related to making changes to improve buildings which are used for fair purposes and are owned by the fair association or political subdivision. These improvements will extend the useful life of the building.
- Total funding available for this grant program is $1,455,000 for fiscal year 2024.
- Grants will be awarded a minimum of $1,000 and a maximum of $100,000.
May 13, 2024 through August 31, 2025
- Fairs incorporated under Act 80 of 1855 – Local Agricultural or Horticultural Society.
- County-owned and operated fairs operating under Act 11 of 1929.
- County fairs that have submitted all required year-end reports for the prior three years.
- Fair Associations leasing their grounds must have a minimum of a five-year lease for the use of the grounds to hold the annual fair and other non-fair events.
- Fairs that did not receive a competitive capital improvement grant in the previous grant cycle.
For more information, visit MDARD.