The Capital Region Community Foundation is seeking applications for the Youth Grants (YAC) program to support programs that help teens age 12-18, based on the most recent youth needs assessment survey.
Donor Name: Capital Region Community Foundation
Counties: Clinton County (MI), Eaton County (MI), Ingham County (MI)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/07/2022
Grants Size: $5,000
The Community Foundation values projects and organizations that promote inclusiveness and that do not discriminate in hiring staff or providing services on the basis of race, gender, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
The Youth Action Committee (YAC) is a group of teens who oversee the Youth Fund. The Capital Region has three YAC branches: Charlotte, St. Johns and Greater Lansing.
Youth grants are up to $5,000 per organization.
- Organizations eligible for Youth Grants must serve youth and teens in Ingham, Eaton or Clinton counties.
- The 2021 Youth Action Committee is especially interested in proposals that provide teens with skills to handle with the most pressing issues identified in the recent Youth Survey, which are:
- Teen Mental Health (Depression, Anxiety, Eating Disorders, Suicide & Self Harm).
- Abuse (substance, sexual, emotional, racism, sexism, bullying, cyberbullying, etc.).
- Stress (academic, family, social, emotional, employment readiness, etc.).
For more information, visit Capital Region Community Foundation.