Maine Arts Commission is seeking applications for Maine Artist Fellowships to recognize artistic excellence and advance the careers of Maine artists.
Donor Name: Maine Arts Commission
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Fellowships
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/16/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,000
Fellowships are not grants, they are merit-based awards that are informed by an applicant’s work as documented through the application and support materials.
Maine Artist Fellowships are available in the categories:
- Belvedere Handcraft
- Fine Craft
- Literary Arts
- Multimedia/Film, Performing Arts
- Traditional Arts
- Visual Arts
Grant amount awarded $5,000
Fellowship Eligibility Requirements
All applicants must have an active Maine Arts Commission account and current Vendor Code to receive funds. An individual is eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Is a practicing Maine traditional artist at the time of application deadline.
- Has resided full-time in Maine for at least one year immediately prior to the application deadline.
- Will reside full-time in Maine throughout the project period.
- Is at least 25 years of age or older by the application deadline.
- Is not a student enrolled in a degree or certificate-granting program.
- Is in compliance with Final Reports required by the Maine Arts Commission for previous awards.
- Has not been previously awarded a Maine Artist Fellowship.
Artist-specific application information:
- ‘DUNS Number’ does not apply to individual artist applicants; just enter “1.”
- If your contact information has changed within the past year you will need to fill out a new Vendor Form.
Fellowship applications are reviewed on a competitive basis. Decisions are informed by an applicant’s artistic excellence and artistic merit as documented through the application and support materials. See specific Fellowship for details about additional criteria.
For more information, visit Maine Artist Fellowships.