United Way is now accepting applications for future Victory over Violence Solutions Grants. Victory Over Violence is a solutions-driven response to the problem of violence that has been plaguing their community in recent months. The United Way of Champaign County is partnering with WCIA 3 to launch this new initiative, award grants, and track how the community is achieving Victory Over Violence.
Donor Name: United Way of Champaign County
County: Champaign County (IL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/21/2021
Size of the Grant: $5,000 to $25,000
The successful Solutions Grant applicant will demonstrate their project or program will achieve one or more of the following Goals:
- Stop Violence and Promote Safety
- Support Children, Youth and Families by Emphasizing Programs that Foster Social Connectedness and Belonging
- Support Health
- Especially trauma recovery services for young people to heal from chronic exposure to firearm violence.
- Promote Collaboration Across State, Municipal and Community-Based Agencies
- Especially high-risk youth intervention programs that have been proven to reduce involvement in the criminal or juvenile justice system, referrals of teens into therapeutic programs that address trauma recovery, and other mental health services.
Total grant pool will be determined by Day of Giving community fundraising results. Anticipated grant range is $5,000 to $25,000.
- The program is working to achieve one or more of the Goals listed above.
- You don’t need to be a 501c3 to qualify.
- Applicants must expend any and all awarded funds with the expectation of completing all project aspects by October 1,2022. Final reports are due to United Way of Champaign County by November 1, 2022.
- All projects must follow the Illinois Department of Public Healthy (IDPH) guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information, visit Victory over Violence – Solutions Grants.