The Lancaster County Community Foundation is seeking applications for scholarship program to assist residents of Lancaster County who plan to continue their education at a college or vocational school.
Donor Name: Lancaster County Community Foundation
County: Lancaster County (PA)
Type of Grant: Scholarship
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/31/2022
Grant Size: $2,000
The program is administered by Scholarship America, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals. Eligibility for individual programs is determined at the sole discretion of the sponsor, and eligible applications are reviewed by Scholarship America’s evaluation team.
Awards may be used for educational expenses for one year of full-time study. (Maximum of one (1) scholarship per year, per student.)
- Joseph And Claudine Hess Scholarship Fund: Nine (9) $2,000 scholarships will be designated for students from any school in Lancaster County.
- George W. Mckibbin Scholarship Fund: One (1) $2,000 scholarship will be designated for African American students from any school in Lancaster County.
- Charles W. Schoff Scholarship Fund: One (1) $1,000 scholarship will be designated for students from any school in Lancaster County planning a course in geology, medicine (health–related), agriculture, mechanical engineering, or mechanical drafting.
- Be residents of Lancaster County.
- Be current seniors or graduates of a Lancaster County high school who plan to enroll, or students who are already enrolled, in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher on 4.0 grading scale.
For more information, visit Scholarship Program.