The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development offers the Farm Innovation Program to in-state educational and research centers to develop and support innovative solutions to real, immediate, and future farm problems facing Michigan’s food and agricultural industry.
Donor Name: Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $450,000
Grant Duration: 24 months
- Climate Smart Practices
- Practices and technologies that work to mitigate the effects of climate change by reducing greenhouse gas emissions, sequestering carbon, or by other various ways of combating climate change leading to climate resiliency for Michigan’s food and agriculture industry.
- Supply Chain Resiliency
- Equipment enhancements, new technologies, or novel research that strengthens Michigan’s food and agriculture supply chain.
- Food Processing and Farm Production Automation
- Research and development of technologies for automation of agricultural production and food processing.
- Consideration will be extended to applications that present compelling approaches to address other aspects of farm innovation, with particular focus on rural resiliency improvements.
- Grants will be awarded a maximum amount of $450,000. Please submit applications in whole dollar amounts and round to the nearest $100.
- Grantees will be eligible for reimbursement up to three (3) times at specified dates, during the 24-month grant cycle, with the final reimbursement provided at the completion of the project
The grant funds are open to all in-state universities, colleges, community colleges, technology centers, technology incubators, and research centers.
For more information, visit MDARD.