The Department of Education (Department) is issuing a notice inviting applications for 2023 for Activities for Underserved Populations Program.
Donor Name: Department of Education
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $910,490
Grant Duration: 60 months
A purpose of the Activities for Underserved Populations program is to improve the quality, access, and delivery of services and the outcomes of services provided under the Rehabilitation Act, especially services provided to individuals with disabilities from underserved backgrounds, and to increase the capacity of minority entities and Indian Tribes to participate in activities funded under the Rehabilitation Act.
- This priority is from the notice of final priority and definition (NFP) published elsewhere in this issue of the Federal Register.
- Absolute Priority: For 2023, this priority is an absolute priority. Under 34 CFR 75.105(c)(3), they consider only applications that meet this priority. The priority is:
- Improving the Delivery of Vocational Rehabilitation Services to, and the Employment Outcomes of, Individuals with Disabilities from Underserved Populations.
- Under this priority, the Department provides funding for a cooperative agreement for a minority entity or an Indian Tribe to provide training and technical assistance to a minimum range of 5 to 15 State vocational rehabilitation (VR) agencies (Combined, General, or Agencies for the Blind) over a five-year period of performance so that the agencies are equipped to serve as role models for diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workforce system by implementing policies, practices, and service delivery approaches that are designed to contribute to increasing competitive integrated employment outcomes for individuals with disabilities from underserved populations. Further, the grantee must contribute to VR research and pedagogical practices that promote access to approaches that are racially, ethnically, culturally, and linguistically inclusive.
- Estimated Available Funds: $910,490
- Project Period: Up to 60 months
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized).
For more information, visit Grants.gov.