Donor Name: The Community Foundation of Muncie & Delaware County, Inc.
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/01/2022
Size of the Grant: $50 to $600
Teachers often have instructional ideas they would like to implement in their classrooms. Sometimes, a lack of funds can prevent them from moving forward. The Robert P. Bell Education Grants are awarded to teachers with innovative ideas, programs, or projects that are related to a classroom unit or lesson. Grants range in size from $50 to $600 and support projects that are designed to stimulate learning in students.
- Grants are available to K-12 teachers, counselors, special needs teachers and itinerant teachers working in schools in Delaware County.
- Grants are awarded from $50-$600. Recommendations for partial funding may be made.
- Applications are submitted in the online grants system. New users to the online grants system will have to create a new user account.
- Applicants must use the Bell Grant Budget Template provided with the application.
- Applications should not contain any identifying information in the Project Description section of the application. Use the Co-Applicants field to include information about additional applicants.
- Applications are reviewed anonymously by a committee of teachers appointed by superintendents. The committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors for final approval.
- If awarded, grant money is sent directly to the applicant’s school system within 30 days of the deadline. Teachers will need to follow their school system’s procedures for purchases or reimbursements.
- Creative and innovative projects can be focused in any subject area. While preference is given to projects implemented during the regular school day, extracurricular projects will be considered if they are curriculum-based. Requests must be clearly linked to a specific classroom unit or lesson.
- Bell Grants are not eligible for religious-based projects, transportation fees, field trip fees, and speaker fees. Grants will not be awarded for projects that are already started or completed. Typically, Bell Grants are not awarded to purchase book sets, videos, kits, and classroom equipment unless those items are integral to a classroom lesson.
- Kindergarten through 12th grade teachers and counselors working in Delaware County schools including special education teachers, itinerant teachers, and counselors are eligible to apply.
- Teachers must be working in accredited in public schools, nationally recognized accredited private schools, or charter schools in good standing to be eligible for grants.
- Small groups of teachers may submit one application for joint projects, but group applications are subject to the $600 limit.
For more information, visit Robert P. Bell Education Grants