PrairieCare Fund offers funding for school mental well-being projects for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year.
Donor Name: PrairieCare Fund
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $200,000
PrairieCare Fund is a 501c3 grant making organization that financially supports youth mental health and wellness programs in schools throughout the state of Minnesota. The targeted funds are being used in school systems to raise mental health awareness, provide early identification, strengthen suicide prevention, and/or reduce stigma.
PrairieCare Fund seeks school districts wanting to strengthen their mental well-being strategies to enhance youth social/emotional learning and mental health resilience. Districts may have initial ideas of how funding might be used to support youth and staff well-being. Those ideas are welcomed. The project can involve one or more school sites as determined by the needs of the school community for the 2023-2024 school year.
The purpose of this grant making public charity is to support youth mental health innovations in education, services and research. The goal of this grant is to help create sustainable education programs for district and program staff to better identify and work with kids who may be struggling with poor mental health.
- $200,000+ available in funding.
- Funding may go towards staff stipends for project time, staff training, consultant fees, evidence-based curriculum, equipment, and/or supplies.
How does a district or school qualify for funding?
Minnesota schools and associated programs committed to supporting youth mental health are eligible to apply. Schools. A school’s ability to demonstrate effective Evaluation, Value & Cost, and Overall Impact scores are very important.
- Proposal Aim: A proposed program must align with the mission and vision of PrairieCare Fund.
- Capabilities: Applicants are evaluated on their ability to implement the project.
- Value and cost: Applications evaluated on the cost of their solution(s) based on the work outlined in accordance with the scope of this project. This should include practical ways to measure the value of the proposal.
- Impact and sustainability: Applicants must provide a clear description of the impact that their program will have on the community. Both the quality and size/scale of the impact are important. It is also important that this program have a sustainable and lasting impact.
- Evaluation: Proposal must outline a plan for ongoing measurement of the program’s goals and objectives.
For more information, visit PrairieCare Fund.