The Healthy Habits for Life program is offering grants to assist schools in promoting healthy lifestyle choices to their K-12 students.
Donor Name: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Foundation
Counties: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $2,000
Healthy Habits for Life is a major grant-giving program of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Foundation for schools. It is offered to help schools fund healthy initiatives for students in kindergarten through grade 12.
The Foundation recognizes that schools have a unique opportunity to teach students about healthy habits through curriculum and programs that reach them where they spend so much of their time: school. As a young, captive audience, students can be more easily influenced to develop life-long healthy habits and behaviors. The Foundation hopes that curbing childhood obesity and improving mental health now will translate into healthy adults later, saving health care dollars for all Kansans.
The Foundation is seeking programs that will help Kansas youth:
- Reduce their cardiovascular risk,
- Increase their physical activity,
- Learn healthy eating habits, or
- Reinforce positive mental health
The maximum grant amount is $2,000, and grant applications are limited to one per school.
- Schools must be located in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Foundation service area, which includes all Kansas counties except Johnson and Wyandotte.
- School nurses, physical education teachers, principals, health or family and consumer science teachers, or other administrators are encouraged to apply for funding that they may use during 2024.
For more information, visit BCBSKS.