The Community Foundation of Will County (CFWC) is now accepting applications for the Workforce Development and Education Grant.
Donor Name: The Community Foundation of Will County (CFWC)
County: Will County (IL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/04/2022
Size of the Grant: Up to $150,000 for Multi-year Programs
The Workforce Development and Education Fund currently has up to $150,000.00 to invest in programs related to enhancing workforce readiness, access to education certificates/credentials, or providing work-based learning opportunities for individuals in order to benefit Will County residents and businesses.
This grant program is looking to fund creative programs that serve a niche in an area of workforce development and education that currently is not being addressed and brings in collaboration of business, education, and workforce with measurable outcomes. Higher consideration may be given to multi-year programs.
- The Workforce Development and Education Fund will invest in projects and programs related to workforce readiness, training gaps, and staff retention that benefit Will County residents and businesses.
- The Foundation values innovation and we hope to leave space for diverse and creative ideas while being able to measure results to demonstrate impact. We have not recommended a prescribed approach to what implementation should look like, and leave that to the discretion of applicants.
- Areas of Focus:
- Recruitment and Retention
- Access to Stackable Degrees/Credentials
- Upskilling Job Seekers
- Apprenticeships, Internships, Clinicals
- Funding Considerations:
- Supporting Underserved Populations
- Multi-Year Projects
- Self-Sustaining Programs
Who is Eligible?
Organizations described in Section 170(b)(1)(A) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, which are organized and operated for one or more purposes described in Section 170 (c)(2)(B) of the code, within and without Will County, Illinois as may be determined in the sole discretion of the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
For more information, visit Community Foundation of Will County.