The Winneshiek County Community Foundation provides grants to improve life in Winneshiek County, Iowa. The foundation wants to help develop communities that people want to live in, as well as to benefit rural areas of the county.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa
County: Winneshiek County (IA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/10/2022
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $20,000
Grants are available to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and government entities. Tax-exempt organizations classified as other than 501(c)(3) are also eligible, if and only if, the project is deemed charitable; Grants selections are made in an effort to create a better quality of life for people in Winneshiek County. A local governing committee reviews the applications from charitable organizations serving their community.
Areas of support are in the following program areas:
- Arts & Culture
- Community Betterment
- Education & Youth Development
- Environment & Animal Welfare
- Human Service
The WCCF is focused on providing grants that create an impact within Winneshiek County. Therefore, the following priorities are emphasized during grant review and decision making:
- Projects that address important needs in the county
- Requests that have secured/sought additional funding, including matching gifts and in-kind donations
- Requests that provide realistic plans for continuation funds (if applicable) from other sources
- Projects that yield substantial benefits to the county for the resources invested
- Projects that are new, innovative, and have not been previously funded
Eligibility to Apply
Organizations must provide benefits to the people of the Winneshiek County and must meet the following criteria in order to apply for a grant:
- Be classified as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or be a government entity. Tax-exempt organizations classified as other than 501(c)(3) are also eligible if and only if the project is deemed charitable;
- Be current with all state and federal reporting requirements, such as filing of 990 forms.
- Must not have any past due grant reports for previous Winneshiek Community Foundation grants.
For groups, projects, or initiatives that do not meet the above eligibility requirements, the Community Foundation will consider your requests if submitted through a fiscal sponsor. Fiscal sponsors must be classified as a 501(c)(3) or a government entity. The Foundation prefers that the fiscal sponsor’s mission closely align with the sponsored project. Fiscal Sponsors will be legally and financially responsible for any grant funds that are awarded by the Winneshiek County Community Foundation.
- One application per organization with the exemption of Government Entities and Fiscal Sponsors. Government entities may submit only one application per department.
- Minimum grant request amount is $1000, maximum grant request amount is $20,000. Grants awarded generally range from $3,000-$5,000. Please bear in mind that WCCF may decide to grant only a portion of the requested amount.
- Applicants must use the Budget Template (this template has been updated from previous years) that is linked in the application sComplete budget details and indication of other funding sources secured or pending approval are required. Use of local vendors for your supplies and services is encouraged, if applicable and feasible. The WCCF Request plus Other Funding column must equal the Total Project Cost column.
- Applicants must include bids/estimates for any work being completed and/or equipment/materials to be purchased as part of the project.
- Inherently religious activities such as religious worship, instruction, or proselytization or activities that promote specific religious doctrine are not eligible.
- Failure to submit required reports, or receive an approved extension, for past grant cycles will make applicants ineligible for the current grant cycle.
- Late, incomplete, or hard copy applications will not be considered. Incomplete applications are those that are in DRAFT mode at the time of the application deadline.
For more information, visit Winneshiek County Grants.