The Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut is seeking applications for its Willimantic Welfare Bureau Fund Grants to promote self-sufficiency for residents of the Town of Windham through education and employment.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entities: 501(c)(3) Charitable Organizations, Schools, Municipal and Governmental Agencies
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/15/2022
Grant Size: $8,000
Priority is given to programs that:
- promote individual and family economic security;
- increase food security and access to nutritious food;
- decrease homelessness through programs that promote diversion and intervention.
Eligible applicants may submit grant requests for up to $8,000. Few grants are made at the maximum amount.
The Foundation will Fund
These grants must be for the benefit of residents of the town of Windham.
Preference is given to programs that:
- seek to eliminate racism and societal inequities;
- incorporate the voices of clients/consumers in planning;
- are rooted in evidence-based, solution-oriented approaches;
- include specific, measurable outcomes.
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, schools, municipal or governmental agencies, or partner with a nonprofit fiscal agent. They do not make grants to individuals or for-profit endeavors.
- Applicants must serve one or more of the 42 communities in Eastern Connecticut.
- They do not provide funding for capital or endowment campaigns, litigation costs, religious programming, endowment campaigns, deficit funding or debt retirement. They do not typically make grants for special events.
- Applicants may not discriminate against any person or group of persons on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state and/or local laws.
- Grant reports must be received before a new grant award may be made.
For more information, visit Willimantic Welfare Bureau Fund.